The psychology of media and technology use and impact is the subject of
media psychology. Learn more about how the definition of media psychology is
changing. Radio, television, film, video, and other traditional and mass media
technologies are all covered by media psychology study and applications.
Communicators, researchers, mental health professionals, consultants,
educators, and developers are all examples of media psychologists. Media
psychology can be used in a wide range of industries and occupations that use
or develop mediated communications and information technology.
“Social media is more about sociology and psychology than technology.”
Table of Contents
Who is a Media Psychologist?
A media psychologist is a person who studies human behaviour, cognition, and
responses to media use in depth. They investigate and establish a link between
a media source of information (media outlets) and the people who receive it.
They apply numerous psychological and media technology principles to explore
how the media influences human psychology and in what manner.
What are the basic qualifications needed for the Media
For UG Courses, the following requirements must be met: formal education of 10+2 from a recognized institution.
A UG degree in the same or similar discipline with minimum marks is necessary for PG courses.
Which stream will be best/ suitable/ relevant for Media
Pass the 10+2 exam with Psychology as one of the subjects, if possible. In your
12th grade, you can choose any stream, and the beauty of the subject is that
you can study Psychology as a fifth subject with any stream.
Which Course will be best for Media Psychologist ?
• BSc/BA Media Psychology
• Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
• Bachelor of Arts in Communication – Rhetoric and Political Culture
• MSc Digital Media Psychology
• Master of Arts in Media and Communication Arts
• Master of Science in Mass Communication – Marketing Communication
• Doctor of Philosophy in Communication, Culture and Media Studies
What are the top 10 universities in India to study
• Delhi University (New Delhi)
• Jamia Milia Islamia (New Delhi)
• Ambedkar University (New Delhi)
• Banaras Hindu University (Varanasi)
• Aligarh Muslim University
• Fergusson College (Pune)
• Christ University (Bangalore)
• Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC), Pune.
• Lady Shri Ram College for Women.
• Christ University.
What are the top 10 universities in out of India/Abroad
to study Media Psychologist ?
• Michigan State University
• Stanford University
• University of Melbourne
• University of Amsterdam
• The London School of Economics and Political Science
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• The Ohio State University
• Cardiff University
• University of Illinois
• McGill University
What are the entrance Exams for Media Psychologist?
• BHU PET
• Manipal Entrance Test
• Pondicherry University Entrance Test
• BHU UET
• JMI Entrance Exam
• Christ University Entrance Test
• Central Universities Common Entrance Test
• Symbiosis Entrance test
• Manav Rachna National Aptitude Test (MRNAT)
Any Scholarship are available for Media Psychologist?
• Annette Urso Rickel Foundation Dissertation Award for Public Policy
• Psi Chi
• THE J.N. TATA ENDOWMENT FOR THE HIGHER EDUCATION OF INDIANS
• Rhodes Scholarship
Which skills Required to be a Media Psychologist ?
The aspirant must posses following skills to be a media psychologist :
1. Empathy is a virtue.
2. Possess problem-solving abilities
3. Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
4. have superior analytic reasoning abilities
5. excellent research abilities
Which type of personality is best for Media
A charismatic outgoing personality, excellent organizational abilities, a strong
sense of personal boundaries, and a keen interest in all types of media are also
advantageous. Media psychologists must also have a natural interest in human
connections and technological change.
What are the best companies offering jobs as a Media
Media industries such as AAJ TAK , TIMES NOW etc.
What are the pros & cons / Advantage & disadvantage
of working as a Media Psychologist?
Pros of being a media psychologists :
The benefit of a career in media psychology is that the possibilities are virtually
endless. Media psychology can be used wherever where human behaviour and
media technologies collide. Because of their versatility, media psychologists
can work in practically any industry, from healthcare and education to
marketing and entertainment. This is a thrilling prospect. As technology
advances, there are greater opportunities for media psychologists to make a
Cons of being a media psychologists :
The downside of media psychology is that a 'media psychologist' does not have
a defined occupational title. Recruiters will not be looking for a media
psychologist on LinkedIn or in job advertisements on Monster.com. Despite the
broad applicability, it is frequently the job seeker's responsibility to
demonstrate how their training may benefit an employer or a profession.