CAREER IN MARKETING
As a discipline, marketing encompasses all of a company's efforts to attract
customers and sustain connections with them. Writing thank you notes,
playing golf with prospective clients, promptly responding calls and emails, and
meeting with clients for coffee or a meal are all examples of networking with
future or past clients.
Marketing, at its most basic level, aims to match a company's products and
services with people who desire to use them. Profitability is ensured by
matching products to clients.
The promotion of a company's growth is a key purpose of marketing.
Attracting and maintaining new clients is one way to demonstrate this.
“The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.”
Table of Contents
What is marketing?
Marketing is the process by which a corporation promotes the purchase or sale
of a product or service. Advertising, selling, and delivering things to consumers
or other businesses are all examples of marketing. Affiliates perform some
marketing on behalf of a company.
Professionals in a company's marketing and promotion departments use
advertising to attract the attention of key potential audiences.
What are the basic qualifications needed for the
You must have finished your degree (10+2+3) or equivalent from a
UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government approved university/educational
institution in any discipline.
Which stream will be best/ suitable/ relevant for
Commerce is the preferred stream for marketing.
Which Course will be best for marketing?
• B. Com
• Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing
What are the top 10 universities in India to study
• Indian Institute of management, Bangalore
• Indian Institute of management, Kolkata
• Management development institute, Gurgaon
• Asia Pacific Institute if management, New Delhi
• Parul University, Vadodara
• Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
• Department of management studies, IIT Madras
• Symbiosis school of business management, Pune
• International management institute, Kolkata
• Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
What are the top 10 universities in out of India/Abroad
to study marketing?
• Stanford university,
• North Carolina university
• University of California, Berkeley
• Yales university, New Haven
• University of Cambridge, Cambridge
• National university pf Singapore, Singapore
• New York University, New York
• University of Texas, Austin
• King’s College London, England
• McGill University, Montreal
What are the entrance Exams for marketing?
• Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
• GGSIPU CET BBA
• DU JAT
• AIMA UGAT
Any Scholarship are available for marketing?
• CIIM’s Scholarship
• ULMS India Excellence Scholarship
• Tianjin Government Scholarship
• IMM New Delhi Scholarship
Which skills are required in marketing?
• SEO & SEM
• Content Marketing and social media
• Market Research
• Latest Market trend
• Design Thinking
Which type of personality is best for marketing?
Personality Traits That Will Help You Succeed in Digital Marketing are as
• High Intelligence
• Attainment Oriented
• uncompromising attitude
Which are the best companies offering jobs in
What are the pros & cons / Advantage & disadvantage
of working in marketing?
• Self-promotion and the acquisition of a more competitive skill set
• Enhanced Understanding of consumer psychology
• Plenty of career options
• Job opportunities in marketing will pay well.
• Competition can be fierce in this field.
• Marketing can be a very demanding job.
• After graduation, only marketing and sales-related jobs are available.
• Because it combines artistic and analytical training, you'll have to put in
a lot of effort in some sections unless you're a natural at both.